How to apply
The following are general guidelines for what an application should include. Please observe that applications will only be considered when there are calls for applications. When there is such a call please see the call for detailed instructions.
The application consists of the following parts:
1. Completed application form for admission. Please note that the application form is in Swedish.
2. A CV with official transcripts that verify that the applicant has met both the general and special eligibility requirements to be admitted as a doctoral student at the Faculty of Educational Sciences.
3. Scientific papers or essays at the C- or D-level, MA-degree thesis, published articles, books, or other texts that strengthen your qualifications in the discipline you selected. The submitted texts should be in one of the Scandinavian languages, English, French, or German. You may also submit a translated text together with the original. This translation should be in one of the following languages: Swedish, English, French, or German. Please note that you must then provide an official translation.
4. A five-to-ten-page plan for the dissertation
The plan is an important part of the application. It should be a description of the project you intend to carry out as a doctoral student. The argument in the text should be supported by references to relevant bibliographic and other sources. The following aspects should be included:
- Aim of the study
- Problems and questions to be addressed
- Theoretical perspectives underpinning the study
- Data to be collected and analyzed
- List of references
You may want to include a cover letter, introducing yourself.
Send your application to
751 06 Uppsala