The intensive course ‘Comparative Studies in Education with a Focus on Inclusion in a Baltic-Nordic Context (CSEI)’ represents the cooperation between several Baltic and Nordic institutions of higher education in addressing inclusion from an educational point of view. The course has been carried out in autumn 2013 (academic year 2013-14).
The intensive course 2013 has addressed comparative studies in education in a broad context in connection with inclusive education, and the two aspects are seen in the perspective of life-long learning – in formal and non-formal contexts.
- The intensive course worked within the following headings:
- Developing participating students’ professional competences and deepening their intercultural and multilingual orientation
- Allowing participating students to compare and reflect on own and other educational systems and practices
- Broadening the students’ overall knowledge on the topic
- Extending the students’ understanding in precise age-group needs
This Intensive Course has awarded 7 ECTS points.
Participants of the course
University College Lillebaelt, Denmark
University College Syddanmark, Denmark
Tallinn University, Estonia
University of Helsinki, Finland;
Latvia University, Latvia
Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
Oslo and Akerhus University College, Norway
Each country was represented by 1-2 teachers and 2-6 students.