Developing Primary Teacher Education Research (DePTER)
One of the main challenges of teacher education is connecting theory and practice in teacher education. There is a variety of efforts to bridge this gap at universities around the world. In this project, teacher educators at Tallinn University in Estonia, University of Helsinki in Finland, and Uppsala University in Sweden, cooperate to explore innovative practices in teacher education. The purpose of the project is to learn from each other in order to ultimately strengthening the training of reflective practitioners in our schools.
The specific objectives of the project
- To create course outlines for integration of the innovative practice in primary teaching into teacher education programs.
- To stimulate school-based projects in the area of subject-integrative/phenomenon-based approaches.
- To stimulate school-based projects in the area of learning in open settings.
- To promote student exchange and gather collective experiences in field and museum visits.
- To promote the professional development of future primary teachers.
- To strengthen the cooperation between universities and local schools.
- To develop a partnership between European universities that stimulates cooperation of researchers, teachers and students in this field.